dinsdag 19 juli 2011

How free are we really?

They often tell me I’m lucky to live in the free Europe. Where everything is possible and anything can happen. But how free are we really?

People tell me sometimes I’m being too negative and I have to look at the good news. But what good news is that exactly? The western media only put a one sited view about my religion, which is mostly about Al Qaida, taliban, Aghanistan, Iraq, suppressed women in muslim countries. They like to talk about muslims a lot instead of talking with them. Want to have high ratings? Put an item about muslims and violence or muslims and suppressed women. High ratings guaranteed.

I try to be positive and enjoy the world to the fullest. I see beauty in a simple flower or in the pigeon who lands on my balcony every morning. I feel beauty when the sun warms my skin or when it’s raining so hard I just get out to get totally soaked.  I hear beauty in a child’s laughter or when  my cat is meowing with joy. But yet I wonder, does this world loves me too?  I’m getting overthrown by  prejudices and stereotyping. But ofcourse I’m not allowed to talk about that, cause the ones who don’t face it every day tell me it’s not so bad and there are some people who think good about muslims. So I just stay quiet and try to straighten the misconception. Although nobody seriously ever asks.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten